Menu de navigation
AECSEI Student Association
AECSEI in a nutshell
The International Studies Graduate Students Association (AECSEI) consists of more than 140 students of the International Studies masters, specialized diploma (DESS) and micro-program at the University of Montreal.
Our members come from a variety of academic, professional and cultural backgrounds. This diversity contributes greatly to the richness of our program. By encouraging person-to-person exchanges amongst students, AECSEI aims to maximize each member's potential experience within the International Studies community at UdeM.
AECSEI has prioritized the following goals :
- To foster exchanges amongst students and with the professors
- To assist students in navigating their academic track and curriculum
- To prepare students for the transition from the university setting to the professional field
- To promote the research of our members
AECSEI organizes various activities to fulfil its mandate:
- Professional sessions
We organize informal discussion sessions with professionals to learn about their experiences and to listen to their advice. Last session, we were fortunate to hold such sessions as:
- Work in International Cooperation with Susanne Trachsel, of the Foreign Affairs Ministry (February 16th, 2015)
- Networking in the Field of International Affairs with Pierrick Pugeaud, of Connexion Internationale Montréal (March 16th, 2015)
- The Profession of Journalism with Agnès Gruda, journalist at La Presse (April 8th, 2015)
- Pursuing a Career in an International Organization with Jean Fournet, Secretary General for Public Diplomacy at OTAN from 2001 to 2007 (March 31st, 2015)
→ Consult our Facebook page to be informed of upcoming professional sessions!
- Informal activities
Our social activities aim to foster relationships amongst students and with professors. Over the past year, our activities have included:
- Dinners for the beginning and the end of the trimester (December 17th, 2014 ; April 28th, 2015)
- Bowling-Brunch (January 18th, 2015)
- Welcome Cocktail for new students (January 28th, 2015)
- Wine and Cheese (March 26th, 2015)
- Sugar Shack Trip (April 11th, 2015)
- Welcome Pic-nic (September 3rd, 2015)
- Weekly happy hours around town
We have a bimonthly newsletter informing our members about AECSEI activities and other UdeM events.
-New Association Lounge
AECSEI members can meet, chat and study in a warm and welcoming environment, found in the CÉRIUM compound, Room 515-5, 3744 Jean-Brilliant.
We have many upcoming projects, including the inauguration of our new lounge, various events to start the fall trimester, and the organization of a student symposium. Keep yourself updated with our activities by consulting our Facebook page.
Elected on December 4, 2014, the AECSEI Executive Council includes 11 members:
Secretary - Yannice Therese
Treasurer - Scarlett Mitran
External Affairs Representative - Alexandra Parada
Academic Affairs Representative - Alia Hassan-Cournol
Student Life Representative - Eleanor Nash
Technical Support Representative - Andréanne Langlois-Côté
Honorary Member - Alexie Labelle
Honorary Member - Abel Cazenave
Honorary Member - Marie Tranchemontagne