Menu de navigation
The Chair in Contemporary Mexican Studies aims to promote scientific research and the dissemination of knowledge of contemporary Mexico.
Privileging interdisciplinary approaches, it will cover the economic, political, social, juridical and cultural dimensions of Mexican life in particular.
The Chair is made up of professors and research fellows from the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM). Coming from diverse disciplinary backgrounds, they enrich the University of Montreal’s academic and research activities on Mexico.
CEMC is a CÉRIUM's Unit.
- The Mexican transition: economy, society, politics; the reforms.
- Mexico and North American integration.
Common themes in Mexico’s and Canada’s relationships with the United States: security, water management, energy, etc.
- Québec/Canada-Mexico relations beyond the NAFTA zone: a continental vision, the Caribbean, Central America and South America.
Cynthia Milton (2014-)
Jorge Pantaleon (2012-2014)
- Universidad Nacional Autònoma de México (UNAM)
- Mexico’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Québec Ministry of International Relations, La Francophonie and External Trade